Insurance for Parties and Celebrations
We’ll help you to find a tailored insurance package for your private party or celebration.
Are you an event planner or throwing a surprise party for your friends or family? Perhaps celebrating a key milestone or anniversary?
We understand organising a party can be time consuming and expensive. Funding the venue, catering and entertainment can be costly, let alone all the extras. Therefore it’s important to make sure you have the right protection in place in case something goes wrong or you have to cancel.
Celebrations and Parties
We help to provide specific insurance coverage designed for private parties and celebrations, including: engagements, anniversaries, christenings, birthdays, retirements, and other special occasions. Read on to find out what types of cover you might need for your event and fill out our quote form when you’re ready.
Insurance For Parties
Our party insurance package provides cover for the following:
- Public Liability
- Event Cancellation
- Adverse weather conditions
- Abandonment or postponement
- Liability for you and your guests attending
- Equipment Insurance can also be added to your policy if required and, for complete peace of mind, employer’s liability cover can be added onto your policy too
What Cover Do You Need?
Your insurance policy can be tailored to suit the needs of your event and cover a variety of issues which could occur when organising a private party, celebration, or other special occasion.
Our primary areas of cover are Event Cancellation Insurance and Public Liability. We can also look to add Event Equipment Insurance and Employers Liability onto your policy.
Public Liability is an essential cover which is taken out to meet the requirements of many venues and/or local authorities. But did you know you should also consider Public Liability Insurance for a parties thrown at your own house?
Our Public Liability policy covers you for the following:
- Accidental bodily injury occurring to a member of the public and/or accidental damage to third party property (should the occurrences at the event be proven to be a result of your neglect).
- Liability of the guest attending
- If deemed liable, this policy covers you for legal fees, compensation, damages, and expenses.
- The cover protects you on arrival at the venue whilst preparing and setting up, as well as during the event when guests are present.
What we don’t cover:
- Property damage claims which are below the value of £250 as this is the excess of the policy.
- Damage or injuries which arise out of a deliberate act, vandalism or is malicious in nature
- Damage or injuries occurring due to activities that we would consider unsafe. These include things such as the use of fireworks, vehicles, inflatables, circus, or stunt performances; as well as the use of projectiles.
- Damage to flooring (other than carpeting), the ground or underground services.
- Injuries or damage which arise as a result of intoxication or drug use.
- Loss or damage to property which you own, have borrowed, hired, or holding in trust. This does not include your hired venue, it relates to items such as marquees, plant equipment or staging.
Event Cancellation Insurance
Whatever the occasion, one thing all these events have in common is incurred costs. It is important to make sure you are protected should your party or celebration be forced to cancel.
Our standard cover protects you for the following:
Irrecoverable costs suffered as a result of the unavoidable cancellation, postponement, or abandonment of your event due to circumstances outside of your control, including Adverse Weather conditions.
We also offer extended cover to pick up certain circumstances outside of the usual scope. These include cancellation caused by the accident, illness, or death of someone over the age of 75. It also covers you if a key person does not attend the event, causing it to be cancelled.
We don’t cover:
- Failure of a supplier where your booking arrangements have not been confirmed in writing.
- Weather-related protection if you are looking to take out a policy within 14 days of your event set up starting.
You must not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance, before taking out the insurance which is likely to cause your event to cancel. This can include medical conditions, the current condition of the venue or the known financial troubles of a supplier.
If you have employees, volunteers, or helpers working at your party, our Employers Liability cover may be appropriate.
Our Employers Liability cover protects you for legal liability to pay damages, expenses, and claimant costs which arise as a result of anyone you employ been injured whilst present at your event. This includes temporary staff, helpers, or volunteers.
We don’t cover:
- The employees of any professional contractor or sub-contractor whose services you are employing. The company you are hiring for your party (i.e. caterers, first aiders, or professional security services) should have their own cover in place.
- Any liability in respect of, or arising from, road traffic accidents.
Event Equipment Insurance
Event Equipment relates to items which you provide yourself or hire out specifically for the event. These items do not include those that come as part of the fixtures/fittings of the venue.
Our Event Equipment cover protects you for the following:
- Accidental damage, loss, or theft to the event equipment which you are legally responsible for. Hired, leased, and/or owned event equipment is covered for the duration of your event.
- Losses where the repair or replacement of the equipment is under £250 as this is the excess of the policy.
- Unexplained losses or discrepancies.
- Theft where there is no forcible or violent entry or exit from any site; or where items have been left unattended and unsecured.
- Damage arising from the faulty assembly, use or dismantlement of temporary structures (i.e. portable toilets or marquees).
Our Policy wording details all our exclusions and highlights what is meant by certain terms. It is important to read the policy wording before you take out insurance with us to confirm that our policy meets the needs of your event and you are adequately covered. If you’d like to chat to one of our expert team, just give us a call.