Celebrations and Parties
Tailored Insurance package for private parties and celebration events.
As well as your time and effort, organising a private party or celebration often requires considerable amounts of money to be spent on funding the venue, catering, and entertainment.
It is important to ensure that you have the right protection in place should the worst happen and your event be forced to cancel.
Celebrations and Parties
Specific coverage designed for private parties and celebrations; including Engagements, Anniversaries, Christenings, Birthdays, retirements, and other special occasions.
Our Private Party and Celebration insurance provides reassurance if your plans are interrupted.
Our party insurance package provides cover for the following:
- Public Liability
- Event Cancellation Insurance
- In addition to the above, the package also includes coverage for:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Abandonment or postponement
- Liability for you and your guests attending
- Equipment Insurance can also be added to your policy if required, and for complete peace of mind, employer’s liability cover can be added onto your policy too (if necessary).
Our Celebrations & Parties policy can be tailored to suit the needs of your event and cover a variety of issues which could occur when organising a private party, celebration, or other special occasion.
Our primary areas of cover are Event Cancellation Insurance and Public Liability. We can also look to add Event Equipment Insurance and Employers Liability onto your policy.
Public Liability is an essential cover which is taken out to meet the requirements of many venues and/or local authorities.
Our Public Liability policy covers you for the following:
- Accidental bodily injury occurring to a member of the public and/or accidental damage to third party property (should the occurrences at the event be proven to be a result of your neglect).
- Liability of the guest attending
- If deemed liable, this policy covers you for legal fees, compensation, damages, and expenses.
- The cover protects you on arrival at the venue whilst preparing and setting up, as well as during the event when guests are present.
What we don’t cover:
Property damage claims which are below the value of £250 as this is the excess of the policy.
Damage or injuries which arise out of a deliberate act, vandalism or is malicious in nature
Damage or injuries occurring due to activities that we would consider unsafe. These include things such as the use of fireworks, vehicles, inflatables, circus, or stunt performances; as well as the use of projectiles.
Damage to flooring (other than carpeting), the ground or underground services.
Injuries or damage which arise as a result of intoxication or drug use.
Loss or damage to property which you own, have borrowed, hired, or holding in trust. This does not include your hired venue, it relates to items such as marquees, plant equipment or staging.
Event Cancellation Insurance
Whether it’s an Engagement, Retirement or Anniversary celebration; one thing all these events have in common is incurred costs. It is important to make sure you are protected should your party or celebration be forced to cancel.
Our standard cover protects you for the following:
Irrecoverable costs suffered as a result of the unavoidable cancellation, postponement, or abandonment of your event due to circumstances outside of your control, including Adverse Weather conditions.
We also offer extended cover to pick up certain circumstances outside of the usual scope. These include;
Cancellation caused by the accident, illness, or death of someone over the age of 75.
The key person not attending the event, causing it to be cancelled
We don’t cover:
- Failure of a supplier where your booking arrangements have not been confirmed in writing.
- We are unable to offer weather related protection if you are looking to take out a policy within 14 days of your event set up starting.
You must not be aware of any material fact, matter or circumstance, before taking out the insurance which is likely to cause your event to cancel. This can include medical conditions, the current condition of the venue or the known financial troubles of a supplier.
If you have employees, volunteers, or helpers working at your party, our Employers Liability cover may be appropriate.
Our Employers Liability cover protects you for the following:
Legal liability to pay damages, expenses, and claimant costs which arise as a result of anyone you employ been injured whilst present at your event; this includes temporary staff, helpers, or volunteers.
We don’t cover:
- The employees of any professional contractor or sub-contractor whose services you are employing. The company you are hiring for your party (i.e. caterers, first aiders, or professional security services) should have their own cover in place.
- Any liability in respect of, or arising from road traffic accidents.
Event Equipment Insurance
Event Equipment relates to items which you bring yourself or hire out specifically for the event. These items do not include those that come as part of the fixtures/fittings of the venue.
Our Event Equipment cover protects you for the following:
Accidental damage, loss, or theft to the event equipment which you are legally responsible for. Hired, leased, and/or owned event equipment is covered for the duration of your event.
Losses where the repair or replacement of the equipment is under £250 as this is the excess of the policy.
Unexplained losses or discrepancies.
Theft where there is no forcible or violent entry or exit from any site; or where items have been left unattended and unsecured.
Damage arising from the faulty assembly, use or dismantlement of temporary structures (i.e. portable toilets or marquees).
A full list of Dangerous Activities is also listed within our policy wording.
Our Policy wording details all our exclusions and highlights what is meant by certain terms. It is important to read the policy wording before you take out insurance with us to confirm that our policy meets the needs of your event and you are adequately covered.